Saturday, July 21, 2012

Chicken Pesto Pizza

So this probably the most requested item that I make. And seeing as how this is the first food post I've ever made...please don't be too harsh!

Ingredients:
Pizza crust
Boiled, cut chicken breast
Pesto
Parmesan Cheese, freshly shredded
Feta cheese, crumbled
Pine nuts
Optional add-ins:
Sun-dried tomatoes
Olives
Some people like onions?!?!

Ok, so because I live in Singapore AND I don't bake, pizza crust is the joke of my pizza. To buy Pillsbury pizza crust would cost me about $15 for one can of the refrigerated stuff. I have yet to find that aisle that has ready made crusts and I've lived here for 4 years now. So I compromise with a frozen crust from some TastyBake brand that only cost me about $6 and no feelings of failure since I can't bake.

Chicken
I boil the chicken with chicken seasoning, sage, rosemary, thyme, basil, and a couple cloves of garlic. Once cooked I remove it from the pot to let it cool before I cut it into small small pieces. Some would call it chopped. :-)

Pesto
You'll have to check the pesto posting for the recipe!!

Assembly (NOTE: the measurements are purely my guessing)
Spread a thin coating of pesto on the pizza crust.
Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
Add about 1- 1 1/2 cup of chicken evenly on the pizza
Add feta cheese crumbles. I probably use about 1/2 cup???
Sprinkle pine nuts across the pizza
Add any additional toppings you like
Add more Parmesan to the top.

Bake at 400 for about 10 minutes



FINISHED PRODUCT
My guilty pleasure

2 comments:

  1. I can testify that it is yummy in the tummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a pizza lover and this is one of my favorites!!! it's SO GOOD!!! :)

    ReplyDelete